Table of Contents
As per the MSc Examination Regulations,
- You are required to complete three electives for your one-year MSc programme,
- You may take only one elective per block.
- At least two of the three electives must be a Master Programme Elective (MPE). This may be in the form of:
- 2 Master Programme Electives (MPEs) + 1 Master Free Elective (MFE), or
- 3 Master Programme Electives (MPEs) (the 3rd MPE to have a grade processed in OSIRIS will be registered as an MFE)
In the you will see which electives are available to your programme studies. This file is subject to change, the final courses will be available in the Elective Registration System (ERS).
For an illustrative over of the process, see the image below.
Elective Registration Process
The MSc Elective Registration process consists of two rounds of preference ranking and three switch weeks. Depending on your study situation, you may participate in all or some parts of the below elective registration process. Check out the videos below and carefully review the Elective Registration Process document.
Elective Registration Timeline
Below is an overview of key dates of the elective registration process in 2021-2022:
- Register your study situation: starting from Monday 1 November 2021 - ongoing
- Round 1: Monday 8 November 2021, 08:30 CET through Sunday 14 November 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Round 2: Monday 29 November 2021, 08:30 CET through Sunday 5 December 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Switch periods:
- Before Block 3: 10 - 16 January 2022
- Before Block 4: 28 February 2022 - 6 March 2022
- Before Block 5: 19 - 24 April 2022
- All switch periods start at 08:30 CET and close at 23:59 CET.
Note that you can switch your electives in any available block in one of the switch periods. For example, in the switch period before block 3, you can switch electives for Blocks 3, 4, or 5.
The course registrations will be processed per block, after each switch period and prior to the start of the block.
In case you still have questions after reviewing the above information and the documents, please refer to the FAQ document.